How do I place an order for delivery?
Delivery is available from participating stores statewide. Lists of participating stores for both same-day and next-day delivery are provided above. To place an order for delivery, your address must be located in Virginia and within the delivery zone of a participating store.
To take advantage of delivery, please follow these steps:
- Select one of the participating delivery stores as your store. Participating stores can be identified by the delivery truck icon in the store listing.
- Add products to your cart.
- Go to the shopping cart and select “Deliver My Order.”
- Enter your address information when prompted. This validates whether your address is eligible for delivery from your selected store.
How do I know if I am eligible for delivery?
After you select "Deliver My Order” in the shopping cart, you will have the opportunity to enter your address and validate that it is eligible for delivery from that store. If you receive a message that indicates your address is not eligible, we cannot deliver to your home at this time from that store, but you can still place an order for in-store or curbside pickup. The address must always be in Virginia.
Are there any restrictions about delivery locations?
Generally, homes and businesses may receive a delivery, as long as the address is in the delivery zone for the selected store. However, certain locations are never permitted to receive an alcohol delivery. These include military bases, childcare centers, medical facilities, schools, correctional institutions and the State Capitol. We also cannot deliver orders to P.O. boxes or locker package services. The address must always be in Virginia.
Is there a delivery minimum and maximum?
There will be a $10 order minimum for delivery orders. There is also a maximum order limit of 12 bottles.
How soon after I place an order will it be delivered?
Deliveries are made either same day or next day, depending on the address and the store. Participating stores for both services are listed above.
- Customers who live within 5 miles of certain stores can get same-day delivery for orders placed at least two hours prior to store closing. Same-day delivery is subject to availability of delivery slots. You can also schedule delivery up to seven days in advance.
- Customers who live within 50 miles of other stores can get next-day delivery for orders that are placed Monday–Thursday, before 2 pm. Orders placed Friday–Sunday may take 2–3 days to arrive.
If a store offers both same-day and next-day options for delivery and the address is within five miles, customers will be offered same-day delivery.
Who are your delivery partners?
Virginia ABC partners with DoorDash for same-day delivery and with UPS for next-day delivery. Participating stores for both services are listed above.
How do I track delivery of my order?
A link to an Order Detail tracking page is provided in your confirmation email. This page provides order status updates from Virginia ABC. Once our delivery partners have assigned their own tracking numbers, we will provide these numbers on the Order Detail page as well, with links to their delivery tracking services.
Who can accept delivery of the order?
A person 21 years of age or older must be present to accept the delivery. The person accepting the delivery does not have to be the person who made and paid for the order, BUT they must have the order number or a printed copy of the order confirmation as this will be required by the delivery driver if their name does not match the name of the person who placed the order. The package may only be accepted by someone 21 years of age or older with a valid form of ID.
What happens if I don’t have my ID?
No matter your age, for every delivery, you must present a valid form of ID in order to receive the order. If you don’t have your ID, the order will be returned to the store as undeliverable. You will receive a refund, minus the delivery fee and tip.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase, receive or consume alcohol in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
What are the delivery fees?
Delivery fees depend on whether the order is same-day delivery with DoorDash or next-day delivery with UPS.
- For same-day delivery orders, there is a $6.99 delivery fee for the first 3 miles and $1.25 per mile after 3 miles (pro-rated to the customer’s address). There is an option to add a tip for the driver. Same-day fees do not vary by the size of the order, up to a maximum of 12 bottles.
- For next day delivery orders, there is a $9.99 flat fee per container, plus $2.50 per bottle. Next-day fees do not vary by mileage, as long as the delivery address is within 50 miles of a participating store.
When I tip, who gets the money?
You can add a tip to your order in checkout for same-day delivery. Your delivery driver gets 100% of the tip amount. Tipping is optional but encouraged. For these orders, the website suggests a 10 percent tip, based on the order subtotal before delivery fees. This amount can be changed on the checkout screen.
How do I cancel my order?
Same-day orders delivered by DoorDash cannot be cancelled online. You may call our customer service team at (844) 694-9965 for assistance.
Next-day orders delivered by UPS may be cancelled online until they are “Ready to Ship.” You may request to have your order cancelled using the ABC Order Number link on your Order Details tracking page.
If you are dissatisfied with your order for any reason, you may return it to any ABC store. View our return policy.
How do I return products that were shipped to my home?
Returns for delivery items must be conducted in a store. Merchandise must be returned within 45 days of purchase to receive a refund. Merchandise not returned within 45 days will be exchanged or refunded with a gift card. Fees and tips are nonrefundable for orders that have been delivered. View our return policy.