> Licenses


Do Not Sell Stickers

Virginia ABC wants to find ways to make doing business with us easier and more efficient. To do that, we need to hear from you. We want to know what improvements to our website and online service you would like to see. As a mixed beverage licensee, your voice is important. Please take a just a few minutes to answer some questions.

We truly value the information you can provide. Bar managers and owners who complete this survey will be eligible to personally win one of four $50 ABC gift cards (courtesy of CapTech Consulting).

Mixing a cocktail

We're Looking for a Few Good Bartenders

Spirited Virginia magazine seeks to showcase top-shelf Virginia mixologists in a back page feature called “Behind The Bar.” If you are a bartender at a Virginia licensee and have a keen knowledge of quality distilled spirits, we'd like to hear from you! Email us at pubrel@abc.virginia.gov  and put "Spirited Virginia" in the subject line.

ABC special agents in briefing

Bureau Hires Additional Agents 

Virginia ABC special agents are a licensee’s best resource when it comes to interpreting Virginia’s alcohol laws and regulations. To help serve the growing licensee community, Virginia ABC recently increased the number of special agents in its Bureau of Law Enforcement. Make sure you know who your special agent is and how to get in contact.

ID Checking Guide

If you’re looking for the latest resource for verifying IDs from across the nation, consider using the same guide used by more than 365 Virginia ABC stores—the 2017 ID Checking Guide.


This section of the website is designed to assist licensees in maintaining a safe, regulated business

ABC grants a range of privileges, or "licenses," to businesses, groups and individuals enabling the manufacture, distribution, selling and serving of alcoholic beverages in the Commonwealth. Holders of these privileges are commonly called “licensees."


The selling and serving of alcoholic beverages is a business that is subject to higher legal and social accountability than almost any other industry. As a licensee, you shoulder many responsibilities, including preventing underage sales and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Virginia ABC has a strict "zero tolerance" policy for underage consumption and looks to you to aggressively avoid these sales.

Licensee Masthead
Sign up for the Licensee e-newsletter to stay informed about selling and serving alcohol in Virginia.

Contact Your Agent

Special agents are the primary resource for questions related to operating a business with an ABC license. Contact a special agent via your regional ABC office.

Bringing Personal Alcohol Into Virginia?

Moving into Virginia from out of the country or from another U.S. state? Returning to Virginia from vacation? Learn more about bringing personal alcohol into the Commonwealth.
If you are a consumer and wish to purchase a keg click here.

Licensee Search

Find retail and banquet licensees by license number and other criteria, online or via download.

MIPS Access

Access MIPS (Management of Inventory and Product Sales) for vendors and carriers. Download the user’s guide (PDF).