Virginia ABC > Licenses > Banquet Licenses

Get a Banquet License

One day licenses are required for persons or organizations who host events where alcohol is served in an unlicensed location or club premises. On average, application processing takes 7-10 days. For step-by-step assistance in determining if your event needs an ABC license, see our Licensing Wizard.

For questions and help related to the online licensing system, please contact Virginia ABC at [email protected] or (844) 694-9965.

Most Frequently Used

For individuals (representing themselves or a group/company) hosting a private event where alcohol is provided at no charge to guests. Examples include weddings, reunions, showers, retirement or birthday parties, and organization/company meetings. Monetary gain from these events is prohibited.
For nonprofit corporations or associations that are holding a public or private event being conducted for an athletic, charitable, civic, educational, political or religious purpose. This license permits the nonprofit to sell alcohol through admission or cash bar for the raising of funds.
For a manufacturer of distilled spirits for distilled spirits educational events. This license may be granted up to eight times per calendar year for an event lasting for one to three consecutive days.
For a business or an individual who is not prohibited from holding an ABC license and wishes to sell or give samples for the purpose of educating the consuming public about the alcoholic beverages being tasted.

All Banquet Licenses

To learn more about specific banquet licenses, please use the following links. For step-by-step assistance in determining the license or permit that you need, see our Licensing Wizard.

Banquet Mixed Beverage Special Event
Banquet Special Event
Banquet Tasting
Manufacturer's Beer and Wine Event
Manufacturer's Distilled Spirits Event
Mixed Beverage Club Event
Mixed Beverage Special Event
Licensee Masthead
Sign up for the Licensee e-newsletter to stay informed about selling and serving alcohol in Virginia.

Need Help?

Explore our list of frequently asked questions (FAQs). For additional licensing assistance, please contact your regional ABC office or email [email protected].

Bringing Personal Alcohol into Virginia?

Moving into Virginia? Returning from vacation? Learn more about bringing personal alcohol into the commonwealth.