A random drawing process will be used to select 30 winning entries for the Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year Bourbon lotteries.
- Having an entry selected during the random drawing process in a lottery does not convey or entitle the entrant to receive any right or title to product owned and/or offered for sale by Virginia ABC.
- Selection of an entry only gives the entrant the opportunity to purchase the specified item from Virginia ABC, subject to the ordinary terms and conditions of sale for spirits products in the Commonwealth of Virginia. No other rights, either express or implied, are created.
- Products purchased by individual customers through the lottery are subject to applicable taxes and fees.
- Lotteries will be open from November 25–November 29 (excluding Thanksgiving Day) and December 2–December 6. There is no advantage to entering the lottery as soon as it opens. Everyone who enters during the open period has an equal chance of being selected. Odds depend on the number of entries received and the number of bottles available. For each open period three winners per pop up location will be selected randomly, resulting in 30 total winners.
- Customer must be a resident of Virginia or an active-duty member of the military assigned to a permanent duty station in Virginia in order to participate in a Virginia ABC lottery for limited availability products.
- Customer must provide an approved form of identification to prove eligibility at the final point of sale. Approved forms of identification include a valid driver’s license or photo identification card issued by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. Customers may also provide a work badge or a U.S. passport that includes a full name and photo along with a utility bill featuring the same name as the identification and a Virginia address. Members of the military may use an armed forces identification card and military orders for assignment to a permanent duty station in Virginia to prove eligibility.
- Customers selected to purchase a bottle who are unable to provide a valid form of identification showing a Virginia address or proof of Virginia residency will be unable to complete their purchase, and the bottle will be returned to inventory as described below.
- Customers selected to purchase a bottle will be required to provide identification to store staff at time of pick-up. Opportunities to purchase are not transferable.
- All lottery entrants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Customers must submit entries in-person at one of the five ABC holiday pop-up stores at select Virginia malls located below:
Store 950, Spotsylvania Towne Centre
137 Spotsylvania Mall
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Store 951, Charlottesville Fashion Center
1600 E. Rio Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Store 952, Fair Oaks Mall
11750 Fair Oaks Mall
Fairfax, VA 22033
Store 953, Fashion Centre at Pentagon City
Fashion Centre Mall, LLC
1100 S. Hayes Street
Arlington, VA 22202
RMU #24, Ground Level
Store 448, Short Pump Town Center
11800 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23233
- Entrants will receive a lottery ticket number on an entry receipt form to confirm their submission in the Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year Bourbon lottery. The customer’s driver’s license number, or other approved form of identification number will be entered and printed on the receipt entry form. No purchase required to enter.
- Customers must retain receipt entry forms & provide at time of purchase in order to claim their winning lottery bottle. No photocopies, reproductions, or pictures of entry receipt forms will be accepted.
- Customer may enter at each pop up location to increase their odds of winning, however only one win per customer per lottery period across all pop-up locations will be allowed.
- Virginia ABC reserves the right to remove entrants who have been found to have submitted duplicate entries for a particular lottery. The customer’s driver’s license number, or number from other approved form of identification provided at time of entry will be utilized to remove duplicate entries.
- Prior to the start of the drawing process, each entry will be reviewed to confirm the eligibility of the entrant and entry.
- Licensee customers are not permitted to enter the pop-up lotteries for Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year Bourbon for use in their licensed establishment.Lottery entries submitted at Virginia ABC holiday pop-up shops are only available to retail customers.
- Entrants will need to visit the Limited Availability page on the Virginia ABC website after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 for Drawing Period #1, and after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 for Drawing Period #2 to view the winning lottery ticket numbers and instructions for claiming winning bottles. Winning customers will need to contact VA ABC to provide their contact information and to select a store location for pick-up and purchase of their bottle.
- Seventy-two hours after the initial posting of the winning lottery ticket numbers on the website, should a winning customer fail to contact Virginia ABC to schedule purchase and pick up of their bottle, the bottle will be added to those for the next available lottery in pop-up stores or online.
- Once the selected store has received the bottle, store staff will attempt to contact the customer via the phone number and/or email address provided during their initial contact to notify them that their bottle is ready for pick up. If a customer fails to respond after 48 hours from the store’s initial contact attempt, the bottle will be placed on the shelf for sale to retail or licensee customers.
- If a customer is found to be ineligible to purchase a lottery product, the bottle will be placed on the shelf for sale to retail or licensee customers.
- All customers will have access to view the posting of winning lottery ticket numbers.
- Virginia ABC reserves the right to change this policy in its sole discretion. In the event a lottery is currently underway, the rules of operation in effect at the time the lottery started will determine the conduct of the lottery.