Need a Vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN VA. 8am - 8pm. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1. ¿Necesitas vacunarte? Enterate cómo conseguir tu vacuna Vaccinate.Virginia.gov o llamando al 1-877-829-4682 de 8am a 8pm. Traducción disponible en tu idioma. Usuarios de TTY pueden marcar al 7-1-1. Learn More.
Virginia ABC > Licenses > Get a License > Retail Licenses > Specialized > Motor Car Sporting Event Facility License

Motor Car Sporting Event Facility License

The motor car sporting event facility license authorizes the licensee to permit the consumption of lawfully acquired alcoholic beverages on the premises of the licensee by patrons during motor car sporting events. Alcoholic beverages shall not be sold or charged for in any way, directly or indirectly, by the licensee. The privileges of this license are limited to those areas of the licensee's premises designated by Virginia ABC that are regularly occupied and utilized for motor car sporting events.

To Apply

Please complete the standard Virginia ABC license application (PDF). On page 3 of the application under "Type of Business," please check "other" and write or type in "Motor Car Sporting Event Facility License."


  • License application fee: $65 (nonrefundable)
  • State license fee: $130
  • Criminal history record check: $15 each

Virginia ABC requires criminal history records under COV 4.1-222 for "the applicant, or if the applicant is a partnership or association, any partner or member thereof, or if the applicant is a corporation, any officer, director, or manager thereof or shareholder owning 10 percent or more of its capital stock."


ABC special agents are the primary resource for all questions related to obtaining an ABC license and operating a licensed establishment. To find your ABC special agent, please contact your regional ABC office.

  • Motor Car Sporting Event Facility License