Need a Vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN VA. 8am - 8pm. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1. ¿Necesitas vacunarte? Enterate cómo conseguir tu vacuna Vaccinate.Virginia.gov o llamando al 1-877-829-4682 de 8am a 8pm. Traducción disponible en tu idioma. Usuarios de TTY pueden marcar al 7-1-1. Learn More.
Virginia ABC > Licenses > Get a License > Permits > Consumer Keg Information

Consumer Keg Information


If you wish to purchase a keg, here are the steps involved:

  • You will need to go to a retailer that has an off-premises keg permit privilege (for example, a grocery store).
  • You will need to present a valid ID to show that you're age 21 years or older.
  • Then you will need to provide the required information to the retailer so that the retailer may complete the keg registration declaration and receipt.
  • The retailer will have you read and sign the declaration. The retailer is responsible for showing you how to use the keg booklet.

Have a question? Please contact your regional ABC office or email enforcement@virginiaabc.com.

  • Consumer Keg Information