For employee and customer safety, Virginia ABC has implemented a protocol for facility closures due to COVID-19 based on guidance from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). ABC facilities include stores, regional Bureau of Law Enforcement offices, the warehouse and central office. Below are ABC locations closed according to that guidance. This information will be updated regularly Monday–Friday.
Additionally, ABC supports its employees’ decisions to self-quarantine when necessary, which is impacting staffing levels statewide. As a result, ABC has temporarily closed select stores to alleviate staffing issues and allow time to train additional newly hired personnel.
Explanation of terms:
- Preventative Cleaning: An employee is symptomatic and/or awaiting test results. The store will be professionally deep cleaned and sanitized. The employee will self-quarantine for 14 days.
- COVID-19 Case: An employee has tested positive for the virus. The store will be professionally deep cleaned and sanitized. The employee will remain in isolation as advised by health officials. All employees who had direct contact with the sick employee will remain in quarantine up to 14 days from the last shift worked with the sick employee.
- Staffing: There isn’t enough personnel to operate the store effectively. Most retailers deemed essential are experiencing the very same challenges as employees are being tasked with caring for children at home, and some are caring for sick family members.
- 1901 West Main Street, Store 102 | Reason - Preventative Cleaning
Due to local government office closures, the following Regional Enforcement offices are temporarily closed until further notice.
- Alexandria Regional Office, 6308 Grovedale Dr.
- Hampton Regional Office, 4907 West Mercury Blvd.